PerformancePoint ServiceThe PerformancePoint Service is a SharePoint Server 2013 service application. It enables users to create business intelligence (BI) dashboards that provide insight into an organization's performance. By providing flexible, easy-to-use tools for rich dashboards, scorecards, and key performance indicators (KPIs) in web browsers, that can aggregate their content from multiple sources and help companies make important decisions.
You can integrate with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)and Excel Services in addition to create scorecards that bring together data from multiple data sources to track and monitor key drivers of your business.
New features and improvements
In SharePoint Server 2013, PerformancePoint Services offers certain new features to support business intelligence applications. These include the following:
- Dashboard Migration: Users will be able to copy complete dashboards and dependencies. This includes the .aspx file, to other users, servers, or site collections. This feature also allows the ability to migrate single items to other environments and migrate content by using Windows PowerShell commands.
- Filter Enhancements & Filter Search: The UI is improved to allow users to easily view and manage filters including letting users search for items within filters without having to navigate through the tree.
- BI Center Update: The new BI Center is cleaner, and easier to use with folders and libraries configured for easy use.
- Support for Analysis Services Effective User: This new feature eliminates the need for Kerberos delegation when per-user authentication is used for Analysis Services data sources. By supporting Analysis Services Effective User feature, authorization checks will be based on the user specified by the EffectiveUserName property instead of using the currently authenticated user.
- PerformancePoint Support on iPad: PerformancePoint dashboards can now be viewed and interacted with on iPad devices that are using the Safari web browser.
- Install ADOMD.NET from the SQL Server 2012 Feature Pack.
- Start a SS Service and Performance Point Service at farm level via Central admin.
- Configure the Secure Store Service.
- Configure the PPS application.