Today I will take a look at very useful multi functional SharePoint component: a Kanban Board. This tool can be used as a project planning solution or even as a personal task board in SharePoint. This component is available as web part, as well as app for SharePoint Online.
The Kanban system is based upon cards placed on a board with columns. Each card splits work into tasks and each column represent steps in a workflow. Every process supports with horizontal lines (swimlanes), which can visually distinguish priority of sub-processes.
With SharePoint Kanban, less time is spent for organization and task management. You can sort tasks between columns and swimlanes of a project with drag and drop feature, add customized markers, assign responsible users to the task and filter data by many custom fields.
- Use color-coded task cards with special markers. For example, red marker informs the task is overdue.
- Drag and drop task within customized columns and swimlanes.
- Create and apply condition filters such as priority, status, user assignment, project, etc.
- Aggregate data for columns with Total function (sum/average values) and measure time required for task closing.
- Set the permission list and control who can view, edit or manage tasks in SharePoint Kanban.